disParity » Bug Reports

.40 bug

(5 posts)
  • Started 11 months ago by sykl0ps
  • Latest reply from cybrsage
  1. sykl0ps

I cannot seem to change or set the parity location in the options menu. Select Location, then press OK. Check again, everything reverts.

Win 7 64

Posted 11 months ago #
  2. Roland
    Roland

Strange! When you press OK, do you get the confirmation dialog asking if you want to move your parity data to the new location?

Posted 11 months ago #
  3. sykl0ps

When I press ok the window just closes, no dialog.

Think I've figured it out. Was a new install to test .40 didn't import any settings. I had set the parity location but had not made any parity data, then tried to change it before proceeding and it wouldn't work.

Seems if disparity is started while the the parity location is set to an empty directory I cannot make a change. I did a quick update then was able to set a new location.

So I guess it's a minor issue in this one strange case, but .39 doesn't seem to have this issue.

Posted 11 months ago #
  4. Roland
    Roland

Thanks for the useful extra clues. I'll look into it.

Posted 11 months ago #
  5. cybrsage

I ran into this myself. I did a fresh install of .40 and found the same issue. I removed it and installed .39 and it worked, then I installed .40 on top of .39 and it worked. I figured .40 was supposed to be an in place upgrade from .39 (since it is a beta) and therefor I was at fault.

Sorry for not mentioning it...but at least I can confirm it.

Posted 11 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.