disParity » General Discussion

Truecrypt?

(2 posts)

Tags:

1. Xyvotha

First of all, just installed disParity and find it very user friendly and intuitive :)

Anyone tried Truecrypt with disParity? I only found an old unanswered post about this in this forum.

cheers.

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Xyvotha

Well, tried it myself with a test setup I've been playing with. Basic operations seem to work pretty well, this is what I've done so far:

1. Set 1 parity drive, 1 standard data drive (Data-1) and 1 encrypted volume (Data-2). Both data drives filled with a few GB of files.
    2. Ran an update and then a hashcheck.
    3. Unmounted the encrypted volume (Data-2) and ran a scan. disParity reported the missing volume.
    4. Right-clicking into the missing volume I chose "recover", set the path for the recovered files and let it do it's thing.
    5. After a few minutes it reported 165 recovered files.
    6. Mounted again the "missing" encrypted volume and did a file compare (outside of disParity) with CRC chech between the original files and the recovered ones.
    7. All recovered files are identical to the original ones! :D

I'm sure there are more complex scenarios concerning Truecrypt, I just hope this helps anyone considering a basic disParity+Truecrypt setup.

cheers.

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.